Mitzpe Ramon is a small town located in the Israeli Negev desert, on the edge of the Ramon Crater.
Mitzpe Ramon is a popular destination for tourists because of these facts:
- Ramon Crater is a beautiful, breathtaking location where one can stand and enjoy the wonders of creation.
- Ibex herds are living next to Mitzpe Ramon and enter the streets regularly. Not every day can you meet wildlife near the local grocery.
- The weather here is bright, and the air is excellent all over the year. Summer evenings are chili, so even though Mitzpe Ramon is a desert town, you’ll enjoy a cool temperature even in July.
- Mitzpe Ramon has various traveling options to offer both for experienced hikers and families.
- The Ramon Crater is one of the few dark sky reserves in the world. Here you can see a handful of stars and wonder about the universe.
- Mitzpe Ramon has a music and art scene. We are proud to host four schools: circus, music, theater, and dance school.
- Mitzpe Ramon is a microcosmos of Israel. If you understand Mitzpe Ramon, you probably understand a lot about Israel. All you have to do is sit at the local bar or walk in the boardwalk and talk to nice people.